March 23, 2012

Ballin'

But not really. That's just me trying to be much cooler than I actually am.

At this present moment, I'm sitting on the 3rd floor of the pharmacy building, trying so very hard to postpone studying for finals. It needs to happen. It's just way too easy to keep it from happening.

So, tonight I am going to a basketball game. Truth be told, I only wanted to go to see what all this Linsanity business was about. However, I could not bring myself to do Jeremy Lin-themed nails. I've seen people do it before, and it's cute, but...NO. Besides, I always cheer for the home team.



Now, I know what you are going to say: "Silly Kristine, purple is no longer the colour of the Raptors." And, you would be right. BUT it was their colour when I liked them back in the day, and there was no way that I was going to pass up an excuse to wear purple.

This is 2 coats of Zoya's Mira. Pretty much the minute I saw this colour at Trade Secrets, I knew that I had to have it. It's a bit lighter and more red-toned in person. Another big plus was that the name of this polish happens to be a nickname of pretty much my most favourite person ever (bfflsomgwtfbbq).

I did the silver and red dots first using Sally Hansen Celeb City and Caribbean Coral with a dotting tool. I was originally going to do it on all the nails, but decided that it would have been too busy. I was also going to do dots on the thumb, as has become my custom with accent nails, but I decided last minute that stripes would look cool too -- so I broke out the striping brush. I'm kinda wishing I had just gone with one or the other, but it's much too late for that now.

This colour combination is not something that I would probably pick out on my own, but it is interesting nonetheless. I just hope we don't lose too badly tonight. :P

30 days down, 16 to go!
(I figured out just now that I'VE BEEN COUNTING THIS WRONG. In actuality, I shouldn't have been counting the Sundays, but since I have been, you will notice that the days now add up to 46 and not 40...my bad!)

No comments:

Post a Comment