March 16, 2012

China Glaze Starboard

This polish had been a long time lemming of mine, dating back to when my newest wave of nail polish obsession started. I first happened upon the China Glaze Anchors Away Spring 2011 collection display at Chatters. It was right next to the display for the Up & Away collection (Spring 2010), from which I picked up Four Leaf Clover. I don't know why I passed over Starboard, or any of the other colours for that matter. In fact, once this self-imposed ban is over, I might go to Sally's and buy Ahoy, depending on whether or not I decide if it and Strawberry Fields are different enough.

Anyway, that day was in early June 2011. I didn't end up getting my hands on this until December, when I went to Sally's to get myself out of pre-exams depression. I rationalized the purchase by telling myself it was a "perfect Christmas green" and that it would be of much use in my holiday manis.

I ended up using it as a marbling colour. On an accent nail. With three other colours.



Needless to say, it didn't get the attention it deserved. Here, in all it's glory, is Starboard:

No Flash, point-and-shoot

Lamp-light, point-and-shoot
Flash, Nikon D3000
This will probably end up being my St. Patrick's Day mani, which is slightly disappointing since I was really hoping to do some nail art. I have a midterm today and an assignment due Monday, so I don't think it's going to happen.

The formula on this was so-so. I felt like it went on streaky at the beginning, but evened out after the 2nd coat. It could have even used a 3rd coat on some of my nails, but that's just me. Additionally, it chipped the next morning, less than 12 hours after putting it on, which annoyed me. Otherwise, the colour is gorgeous, and I will for sure be using it for next Christmas. ;)

23 days down, 17 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment