April 14, 2012

Cho-Millionaire

If you recall, from a previous "Flashback" post, I swatched a shimmery little number called Faye from Zoya. It was during one of the first weeks of the school year and I had mentioned that I got a kick out of how it shared a name with a fellow member of Team Awesome, the name that we gave our case writing team.

Well, last week I went over to Trade Secrets -- now that my ban is done -- and saw that certain polishes were 50% off. Cho was one of them. The first name of this very special person is also represented by a Zoya polish, but I don't care for the sheer-ness of that other colour so I left that one behind. The final exam for the course that Team Awesome works together for is on Monday morning, and in honour of that special occasion, I thought I would wear the final polish in my Team Awesome "Collection".

I originally thought that Cho would look terrible on me, since it leans a little bit more yellow than the neutrals that I usually go for. I would describe it as a French vanilla colour with subtle shimmer. I swear my cuticles were a lot less dry-looking in real life:


A lot better than I expected, definitely. My skin tone does not usually agree with yellow.

This is the 2nd week of final exams and I felt like I needed to spice up my life a little bit, so I tried adding some glitter.


This is one coat of LA Girl Glitter Addict Explosion. You can see how those glitter pieces are like little mirrors in that top picture. Can you guess what colour shirt I was wearing?


Beauty. I tried using a light pink glitter, a hot pink glitter, and a black glitter on top of this colour, and none of them really did it for me. But this...This is gorge!

Hopefully once exams are over I can get back to swatching more untrieds. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment