September 01, 2012

Avonspiration

 For as long as I've been into nail polish and cosmetics of any sort, my mom has been bringing home Avon catalogues from work. In fact, there was a brief period where she was trying to become an Avon lady for some extra cash (for shopping, of course!). It didn't happen, and I continued with my limited purchases of mail order cosmetics.

However, the latest catalogue made its way into my hands at the beginning of last week and I saw this picture:


I only own one Avon nail polish (Avon Jade, which is...perfection), since the colour selection in past campaigns left a little more to be desired. BUT, this display of nail art really caught my eye and I knew that I had to try and replicate at least one of these. The pinky nail on the topmost hand struck me as both the simplest and the coolest looking combination.


I would have never come up with this colour combination on my own! I started with 2 coats of Essence You Belong To Me, a light, Tiffany blue nail polish. I tried to make the diagonal line precise by using scotch tape, but I was too impatient to wait for the Essence to dry completely, so I ended up lifting the polish right off with the tape! 


I ended up free-handing the diagonal with the brush on Sally Hansen Chartreuse Chase, a light green/yellow quick drying polish with blue shimmer. It's a nice colour, but I didn't like it when I wore it on its own, so I had my reservations about using it in this manicure. Luckily, it went well with the blue and this mani turned out amazing.



I got so many compliments on this look, which was especially pleasing considering how simple the design was.

 Loved it, loved it, loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment