September 03, 2012

Pacific Blue

I'm trying pretty desperately to catch up right now with my swatches. I had been posting them every other day or whenever I had time to do so, but now that school is starting up again tomorrow (BOO), I  figured I should get a move on with posting some of these before they fall into the black abyss.

This particular polish is an oldie but a GOODIE. I've worn this polish at least 5 or 6 times on separate occasions, which makes it one of the most frequently used ones in my collection. The bottle is about half to two-thirds empty (though it doesn't look it in the pictures since I'd just shook it), and I feel like maybe it's time to be getting a backup bottle. 

This is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Pacific Blue:

Light box, normal bulb

Light box, full spectrum bulb

Indoor lighting, with flash


Pacific Blue is a bright blue cobalt creme. It's a part of the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear permanent line currently, and I sure hope they won't be removing it any time soon, since it's gorgeous! The formula was good; the pictures above are using two coats.

I originally bought this colour on a whim and put it into my purse, only to bring it to school the following day. I asked a good friend of mine if she liked the colour as I happened to discover it while rummaging through my purse and she commented that it was very bright and was probably best suited for pedicures. Needless to say, I wore it as a pedicure for the next month or two! I wore it as a pedi on my vacation to Florida earlier this month:

The excuse for this foot picture is that it has the ocean in it, and the beauty of the ocean cancels out foot ugliness.

The love for this colour just keeps on spreading, too! My newly nail-obsessed friend Susan asked me to pick a bottle up for her a few weeks ago. I hope that she, and anyone else who owns this beauty, is enjoying it as much as I have over the past few years!

No comments:

Post a Comment