September 07, 2012

Wishful Pinking

Now that summer's over, it's kind of a bummer. :( At least we still have the warm weather for a little while longer. I, for one, am not looking forward to the chilly winter air and slush in my boots! 

I'm going to show you the last colour I did a full mani with before school started. It also happens to be one of the many colours that proved hard to find for me, even though this is probably the least hard to find colour!




Coral Reef is part of the permanent line of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes. I believe it's a colour that was added to the line more recently, since I haven't noticed its existence prior to this summer. I saw it at the beginning of the summer and thought, it's just pink. The usual first thought on pink polishes. So I passed it up. 

Of course I wouldn't see it again until summer was over, and though I thought it's just pink, I sure am glad that I picked this one up. It's not coral, as the name suggests. I would describe it as a not-quite-bubblegum pink. It's about the same colour as the container for my favourite Pink Grapefruit body butter from The Body Shop:

I don't have anything else like this in my collection (I think). It's not quite neon, but it sure is bright enough to be in that same vein. It was my last colour of summer, and it fit the bill perfectly.

On a related note, has anyone seen the new apparently "limited edition" shades from Sally Hansen? I saw it at the Superstore yesterday, but my phone was running low on battery and wouldn't let me snap a picture of it. It seems like they are just re-releasing a bunch of already released colours under a different name as limited edition releases. As far as I can tell there are a few of the shades which are dead ringers for already existing ones, but they could have different finishes for all I know. Anyway, not different enough for me to have bought any of them. 

Anyway, back to stressing. Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment